Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A HOT situation

   I've been busy this last week. Driving over 24rs in a 72hr time frame is wearing. It felt good to have some alone time drifting in and out of thought. Through out this week it dawned on me that our thoughts really do rule! At one point during my drive episode I was stuck on a freeway for nearly 2 hours moving as slow as the DMV does on the last day of the month. It was miserable in the middle of the Utah desert where the temperature was reaching 120 F (according the couple who inched back and forth next to me) and the air conditioning wasn't working moving that slow. There was nothing I could do but wait...No control. Then when  my eyes started to roll , and all patience went out the door a 1/2 mile back I realized what I was grateful for.

   I was so grateful I didn't bring my 15 month old daughter on this trip. My friend contemplating going with me and her newborn, wow that prevented disaster! When the air conditioning was running, it was definitely heaven sent. Before the trip I was contemplating taking our little Toyota (that is known to over heat in stop and go traffic) for better gas mileage. Last minute I changed my mind and took the SUV, again thanking the Lord.

   Things could have been worse and really there was nothing life threatening. Why is it that when we know we have no control over certain situations, we feel we are beat or lose patience? We do have control, just over number one! Lesson learned! And more than likely be relearned at some point in my life. Constantly changing my thought process from BOO-HOO!! to WHA-HOO!! or WHEWW...

  “Positive anything is better than negative nothing.”
Elbert Hubbard


  

No comments:

Post a Comment