Monday, May 24, 2010

Looking For Value In Everyone

   Everyone know someone who always wears a huge grin on their face. They eyes light up a room ,their laughter is infectious. You want to be around them to help lighten your mood. I had a friend like this in high school. I honestly didn't know anyone who didn't like her. I thought how can someone always be this happy and still normal? She had her fair share of bad days like the rest of us but she handled them far better then anyone I knew.  Getting to know her better I  discovered that she didn't let her environment effect her behavior towards others. She understood that smiling and laughter was more useful then scowling, being judgemental or  being bitter. She had a gift with seeing value in everyone. She was a huge strength through a tough time in my life and helped me to look at others differently.

    What if we viewed life through the eyes of our enemies or the most annoying person in your life. What would you see? How would you see you? Passive, Fake, or Gracious, and Kind?

This week for my personal goal I have to do three things a day with sincerity : smile at someone, give a compliment, and ask someone how they're doing. And one of them must be to a complete stranger. I think it will be a good exercise for me. It will get me away from thinking of me to others. Hopefully I'll keep my road rage to a minimum;). Gotta find their value too!

" In the faces of men and women I see God."  Walt Whitman

Honey Bran Muffins


1 c. 100% bran cereal( like Kellogg's Bran )
3/4 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1/3 c. honey
1(2/1/2oz) baby food prunes
3 Tb. molasses
1 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. raisins


Stir cereal , flour, sugar, and baking soda. In a small bowl mix egg whites, honey, prunes,molasses and buttermilk. Add mixtures stir til slightly moisten. Fold in raisins. Store in fridge overnight. Fill 3/4 full . Bake at 375 for 20-23 min. Makes 6 large muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment