Thursday, May 27, 2010

Happiness begins in being Present

+
   Having a beginning and ending to each day is a gift. We have a clean start every morning to decide what is going to happen until our eyes close that night. Living in the present is being aware and involved in what is going on around us. Things that can hinder us from living in the moment  are what I like to call  The Unknowns . We worry while dwelling on the past we cannot change, and the future that is yet to happen.  Our focus is lost and  we blame ourselves or others. Out of pity we end up playing the I wish game. I wish I had a new job...I wish I could lose weight...I wish .... The list goes on.
   Being in the present is learning from our past and applying it in the now positively. Life is designed to give us what we earn , not what we want. Being grateful and thanking those around us helps us live in the now. When we listen with intent of listening and not replying, we understand others better. So the next time you talk with your significant other, boss, or children practice living in the now. Don't let your thoughts control you and keep them mindful. Really work hard to being in the now!

If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment