Monday, October 18, 2010

Expect the Best

  I have a little fetish with looking at real estate. I love to walk through houses and just browse the MLS to see what's out there. There are a handful of houses/neighborhoods that I have fallin' in love with and dream of being in.
   Last night while on the MLS during one of my browsing frenzies, I saw a house I have  admired from the outside for 10 years. This house was in a neighborhood my parents had lived in. I remember going on jogs and wanting to stop and knock on the door to ask if I could see the inside. In fact one time I actually stopped and walked towards the house, then chickened out thinking they would think I was out of my mind! The house is all one level a creamy stucco color with a Spanish influence. The red tile roof  goes  beautiful  with  the big double doors and wooden shutters.
  Oh I was so excited to finally see the inside. Would it meet my imagined expectations? Have I loved this house for nothing? Josh was near by and I told him briefly about the house and he remembered it( when we lived in Boise we drove around many times to look at neighborhoods/houses we liked ). Browsing through the pictures I had a big smile on my face.The house in not quite as I imagined but still beautiful. A big entry way with wooden beams in family room, a decadent bathroom, and a fabulous back porch.
  Our dreams at times are not quite as we imagined them to be, but still beautiful. We can always hope for the best and expect the best. When are dreams seem to be squished out of the picture push them back in.  We should love our dreams.Keep dreaming ...
  I think one day I'll own that house or maybe one of the others!

1 comment: