Thursday, July 15, 2010

Character

 How is ones character created? What are the core ingredients of our inner self?  Piece by piece over a life time of successes and failures we mold ourselves into what we hope is of value. There is no magic pill that "completes us" into super moms or wonder woman. And really when you peel back the layers ,who is there?

It's funny what staring into a mirror might do. Do you see the surface, like a blemish taking over your face? Or can you look deeper? Those eyes, what are they telling you? I've done this throughout my life's in different stages. It's hard at first but then you learn something within. Look at yourself and say three positive things that you like about you, while smiling. Look straight into your eyes and tell yourself what you want to become. When I was younger I liked me but lacked total love for my body( still struggle!). So I started to wink at myself  in the mirror before I left the house, and say" Your a Hottie!" It helped my realize that it was important for me to find worth, to be confident in my skin. Find out who is staring back at you and give her that compliment you're always telling others!


" What happens to the quality of our lives when we value power over purpose; getting over giving; materialism over humanitarianism? There's no short answer, but if there were, it wouldn't be pretty. Forsaking our values has given birth to a crisis of epidemic proportions. The truth is, many of us have allowed materialistic values to take center stage and push moral values into the standing-room-only section. Today far too many children are being raised without a basic set of values... they will probably end up taking from, rather than contributing to, society. And when this happens we will all lose, because their gifts have never been harvested and shared with others." Brian Souza

No comments:

Post a Comment