Friday, July 9, 2010

Belief

  Do you remember when you found out something that you always believed in wasn't true! Feeling heart broken and in disbelief ,literally, the magic slips away.

   When I was a teenager I had a discussion with someone about fireflies thinking they were fiction. Somewhere down the line I had categorized it with all the other mythical creatures that were not real. I couldn't believe it! Finding out was like winning a ticket to go to Willy Wonka's Factory, and my belief renewed.
   A few years later I was back east in New York at a house in the middle of the woods. As was at a pool party, when the sun set I saw little glowing flickers in a distance. "Are those fireflies!?" I asked like a little kid wanting candy. "Ya, just wait til later, there will be a ton." one of my friends said. That night was amazing! Surrounded by fireflies whizzing my me I reached out to touch them. They were real!

  Our beliefs are what we make them! Faith is what propels us. We choose ours dreams, or do they choose us? What is real depends on who you ask. So keep believing!:)

The Lighthouse by Shirley Mozelle

It's true that light
is the source,
a lamp inside
that lights the soul,
but it is the eye itself,
 a focused lens,
that bends and shapes
 and makes the beam.

No comments:

Post a Comment