Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cherishing our Relationships

A friend of mine from one of the groups I'm a part of on Facebook  asked us to post a picture of when we were dating our spouse, and the story of how we met.She also had us include what we have learned from marriage. It has been fun reading how people met and the learning part too.  It's important to work on our relationships, so what are  you doing to  cherish one of  your relationship's this week? I thought I would share what I wrote about Josh and a little of our story.

  First time I met Josh was at a basketball game his roommates were playing in. We were cheering for the same guys. After the game we officially met. He told me he was from Utah and I quote myself, " I DON'T date Utah guys!" I gave him smack about Utah and was trying to see if he could handle some sarcasm for fun. Our first date was like a couple months later. It was a group dance date(girl ask guy). Me and two of my other friends had crushes on the same guy but since one of my girl friends was shy we let her go with him. They convinced me to ask Josh cause he was a roommate to a bunch of the guys that were going with who we hung out with quite a bit. My first thought was he's way too nice and could not handle my spice. I love to dance and when he actually knew how, he caught me off guard and our chemistry on the dance floor was on fire. Later that night my girlfriend predicted that we were going to get married(in fact she couldn't stop taking about it). I thought she was crazy! I had an amazing time, but good first dates were habitual with me. I played a tiny bit of hard to get, but then I was butter after a couple of months:0)  I've learned to be honest in everything, not brutally, just clear. And it's important to laugh hard and play hard!

1 comment:

  1. It is fun to reflect on how we all get where we are going!

    ReplyDelete